Recently named 5th Best Small company to work for in the Times 100 list and Money Marketing Adviser Firm of the Year we oversee more than £620 million worth of assets and are committed to delivering an exceptional service to all our clients. We provide a positive and collaborative environment for all team members to ensure we achieve everyone’s full potential. We offer all staff the ability to carve their own career path and encourage and support staff members to gain qualifications in order to achieve their goals.
We believe we offer a slightly different role to a traditional paraplanner. Within the role you will support our Financial Planners whilst having day to day responsibility for a bank of clients and will be expected to proactively manage and build relationships with the client, whilst providing support and planning for key areas of the planning process including
- Tax planning: ISA and pension contributions, CGT planning and tax wrapper selection
- Estate planning: inheritance tax mitigation and trust planning
- Asset allocation: review, compare and establish when rebalance is required.
- Individual fund review: review fund selection & identify fund switches.
- Ongoing portfolio reviews: review portfolio’s to identify product sales and purchases. Assess tax position and analyse portfolio returns.
To achieve this, as part of your duties you will
- Attend client meetings alongside the Financial Planner and create meeting minutes which accurately reflect the information gathered in order to fully document a client’s financial needs and objectives
- Maintain an ongoing relationship with the clients, keeping them informed, answering queries and arranging review meetings
- Carry out research and analyse products and services that are appropriate to each client’s financial circumstances then discussing appropriate solutions with the Financial Planner
- Prepare clear investment strategy, mandate, and recommendation reports, ensuring adherence with regulatory standards for review by the Financial Planner
- Complete quarterly reviews of clients’ portfolios to support the ongoing client relationship, including maintaining a client file review system to regularly assess client holdings and changing financial priorities
- Effectively use research and planning systems such as Analytics, O&M, Voyant, Curo and Volume and wrap platforms such as Nucleus and 7IM.
- Be responsible for ensuring that recommendations are fully implemented in a timely manner
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the industry, compliance and regulatory developments
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues and clients throughout the financial services environment, both within and outside of Equilibrium
The ideal candidate
- Confident in preparing and explaining numbers
- High attention to detail & accuracy
- Professional and ethical
- Ability to manage time and organise effectively
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- IT Literate
- Excellent people, interpersonal and listening skills
- Report writing, with ability to explain financial terminology in plain English
- Professional and ethical
- High level of customer service
As a minimum we require all our client managers to have experience within a similar role and either Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) Level 4 Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning qualified or with a specific plan in place to achieve this qualification.
- Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) Level 4 Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning qualified.
- CII Level 6 Advanced Diploma in financial Planning (Chartered Financial Planner)
- Institute of Financial Planning Certified Financial Planner
- CM Certification or Fellowship Certificate in Discretionary Management
What we offer in return
We recognise the importance of our staff and as such reward all with a highly competitive salary along with a fantastic benefits package such as bonus (13% last year), contributory pension, life assurance (4 x salary) and private health insurance. Employees also have access to Perkbox which gives plenty of rewards and discounts for high street shops, cinema tickets, mobile phone insurance and lots more.
We provide a complimentary breakfast to all staff every day, and a very generous holiday entitlement of 33 days plus bank holidays, rising to a maximum of 38 days due to length of service.
Our employees attend an Annual Staff Briefing Conference in Manchester each year, which contributes to our friendly and dynamic office environment.
If you believe you can be an asset to our award winning business and want to work in a positive and inclusive environment then please do not hesitate to send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org