We require an experienced Client Manager (what we call Paraplanners) to join our fast paced, Chartered, award winning, friendly and supportive team.
We call our experts Client Managers because the level of client contact is different to what ‘paraplanners’ might be used to elsewhere. Client Managers are often the first point of contact for our clients and so we require individuals who are great communicators as well as being experts in the field of wealth management.
We don’t believe that the only career progression for client managers is to become a financial adviser and offer all staff the ability to carve their own career path. We encourage and support staff members to gain qualifications in order to achieve their goals with financial support and time off to study. We provide a positive and collaborative environment for all team members to ensure we achieve everyone’s full potential.
We recognise the importance of our team and as such reward all with a highly competitive salary along with a fantastic benefits package which includes an annual bonus, contributory pension and life assurance, Perkbox which gives plenty of rewards and discounts for high street shops, cinema tickets, mobile phone insurance and more.
We provide a complimentary breakfast to all staff every day, and a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days plus bank holidays, going up to a maximum of 38 days due to length of service.
To succeed in our role of Client Manager alongside the Financial Planner you will have day to day responsibility for a bank of clients and will be expected to proactively manage and build relationships with the clients, whilst providing support for key areas of the planning process including;
- Tax planning: ISA and pension contributions, CGT planning and tax wrapper selection
- Estate planning: inheritance tax mitigation and trust planning
- Asset allocation: review, compare and establish when rebalance is required.
- Individual fund review: review fund selection & identify fund switches.
- Ongoing portfolio reviews: review portfolio’s to identify product sales and purchases. Assess tax position and analyse portfolio returns.
To achieve this, you will
- Attend client meetings alongside the Financial Planner and create meeting minutes which accurately reflect the information gathered in order to fully document a client’s financial needs and objectives
- Maintain an ongoing relationship with the clients, keeping them informed, answering queries and arranging review meetings
- Carry out research and analyse products and services that are appropriate to each client’s financial circumstances then discussing appropriate solutions with the Financial Planner
- Prepare clear investment strategy, mandate, and recommendation reports, ensuring adherence with regulatory standards for review by the Financial Planner
- Complete quarterly reviews of clients’ portfolios to support the ongoing client relationship, including maintaining a client file review system to regularly assess client holdings and changing financial priorities
- Effectively use research and planning systems such as Analytics, O&M, Voyant, Curo and Volume and wrap platforms such as Nucleus and 7IM.
- Be responsible for ensuring that recommendations are fully implemented in a timely manner
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the industry, compliance and regulatory developments
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues and clients throughout the financial services environment, both within and outside of Equilibrium
Our ideal candidate
- Batteries included – we are a fast paced company that requires people to keep up!
- High attention to detail & accuracy
- Always professional and ethical
- Great at managing workloads and time effectively
- Happy to work on own initiative
- A great team player
- Able to adapt and be flexible
- IT Literate
- Excellent people skills
- Report writing, with ability to explain financial terminology in plain English
- High level of customer service
Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) Level 6 Advanced Diploma in financial Planning (Chartered Financial Planner)
If you believe you can be an asset to our award winning business and want to work in a positive and inclusive environment then please do not hesitate to send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org